This little exercise is a powerful way to help you uncover solutions to problems – both practical AND motivational! Plus your answers might surprise you.
This week, all you need is a notebook and pen (or empty doc on your computer) and a few uninterrupted minutes.
⭐First, write down what you want to achieve.
Maybe it’s to fit into an old pair of jeans, get back in shape (or just plain into shape), lose 15 pounds, cut sugar out of your diet, etc.
Now comes the fun part….Just ask why. Why do you want to do that? (Write it down!) Then, ask why AGAIN. Continue for a total of 5 times.
Example: I want to lose 15 pounds.
- Why do I want to lose 15 pounds? Because I want to fit back into my jeans.
- Why do I want to fit back into my jeans? Because I feel self-conscious and my clothes aren’t fitting the way they used to, and I’ll feel more confident if I’m comfortable in my clothes
- Why do I want to feel more confident? Because right now, I hold myself back from being more social. If I feel more confident, I’ll be more outgoing, and would go out with friends more often.
- Why do I want to be more social? It’s scary but I want to feel good about myself when I’m out with friends. I want to have more FUN in my life and develop deeper relationships
- Why do I want to have more fun and develop deeper relationships? Because I’ve been feeling isolated and a little lonely, and I need a sense of adventure in my life!
When you dig a little deeper- you eventually get to the REAL underlying motivation for wanting to lose that 15 pounds – which actually isn’t about weight loss at all.
It’s about wanting to feel more connected to others and have more fun. Are you IN for the challenge this week? Let me know in a comment below... and if you’re feeling brave, let us know what your main goal is!
Leave a Reply.
Follow me on: