Did you know that an avocado is actually a fruit?! And...it’s really unique! This single-seeded berry from Mexico is high in healthy fats, whereas most fruits are primarily made of carbohydrates.
If you’ re not already crazy about this green superfood, I’ll give you a few extra reasons why you should be!
1. They are PACKED with nutrients and contain over 20 vitamins and minerals.
2. Avocados are loaded with antioxidants and helps boost your immune system!
3. They are great for your eyes and protect you against cataracts and macular degeneration.
4. Pound for pound, avocados actually contain more potassium than bananas! (which supports healthy blood pressure levels.)
5. Avocados and avocado oil are loaded with heart-healthy fats...which can help lower inflammation in your body (the root of all disease).
6. Avocados have been known to help combat certain types of cancer including mouth, skin, and prostate cancer.
7. Because avocados are high in fat, you’ll be able to absorb other “fat soluble”vitamins (like A, K, D, & E) even better! Team up your avocado with other veggies for an energy-packed day!
8. They are fiber-rich, which means you’ll feel fuller, faster...which is great to help promote weight loss because it will help you to avoid over-eating!
So this week, I’ m challenging you to include 1 serving of avocado in your meals at least 3 days this week. Here’ s a cool link if you need some inspiration for recipes with avocados:
If you want to join me for this challenge leave a comment below and tell us how you prepare your avocado meals.
Follow me on: